This Sunday, Americans are expected to consume 104 million pounds of avocados. Here are 10 delicious ways to make guacamole, from traditional to deliciously inauthentic.
3. Cheesy. Make a guacamole-nachos mash-up and top your dip with melted cheese.
4. Fruity. Adding mango to guacamole is hardly traditional but it’s a ubiquitous twist at restaurants. For an even chunkier mango-avocado guac, add crisp jicama. Add oranges and pineapple for a sweet and juicy dip. Or top with pomegranate seeds for an antioxidant boost.
6. Creamy. To make your guacamole luscious and smooth, add some mayo. Bonus: Your dip doubles as a sandwich spread.
7. Boozy. For a margarita-inspired dip, spike guacamole with a little tequila or mezcal.
9. Extra-spicy. Use not just one but three kinds of chiles. And why not try more?
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.