- 8 Noodle Dishes for Chinese New Year
- 9 Brunch Appetizers for a Blow-Out Weekend Bash
- 5 Clever Ways to Cook with Grapes
- 3 Genius Ideas for Using Hot Sauce
- DIY Cured Salmon
- All You Need for a Boozy and Bacony DIY Brunch
- 7 Irresistible Rhubarb Desserts
- 7 Killer Spanish-Style Barbecue Dishes
- 7 Gorgeous Summer Salads
- 5 Fast Fruit Desserts You Should Definitely Grill Right Now
In this week’s episode of Mad Genius Tips, F&W’s Justin Chapple demonstrates an easy trick for prepping delicious hasselback potatoes. Another foolproof way to add flavor to potatoes? Cheese.
In this week’s episode of Mad Genius Tips, F&W’s Justin Chapple demonstrates an easy trick for prepping delicious hasselback potatoes. Another foolproof way to add flavor to potatoes? Cheese. Here, ten super-cheesy potato recipes.
1. The Cheesiest Mashed Potatoes
These potatoes are so packed with cheese, they’re almost like fondue.
2. Warm Potatoes with Onions, Bacon and Cheese
Known as tartiflette in the French Alps, this hearty side dish of diced potatoes and bacon is garnished with thin slices of melty Reblochon cheese.
3. Mushroom-and-Fontina Stuffed Potatoes
To dress up baked potatoes, top them with buttery mushrooms and melted cheese.
4. Herbed Potato Gratin with Roasted Garlic and Manchego
Chef Jose Garces’s take on a classic potato gratin combines lots of sharp, nutty Manchego cheese and smoky San Simón cheese (Gouda is a fine substitute) for rich, complex flavor.
5. Overstuffed Twice-Baked Potatoes
These super-filling potatoes get a double dose of sharp cheddar. Some is mixed into the filling, the rest is melted on top.
6. Potato-and-Mozzarella Croquettes
Crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside these amazing croquettes are perfect party snacks.
7. Mashed Potato Casserole with Gruyère
This crazy-easy side dish is perfect for weeknight dinners.
8. Asiago and Sage Scalloped Potatoes
Asiago gives this creamy dish a sharp, salty flavor.
9. Smashed Potatoes with Wagon Wheel Fondue
Any good melting cheese works for this over-the-top dish.
10. Grilled Potato and Onion Salad with Blue Cheese and Bacon
Crumbly cheese, crispy bacon, charred red onions and tender new potatoes come together in this incredibly good side dish.