- A Napa Valley Sommelier’s Go-To
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
- Pinot Noir’s Next Hot Region?
- Greece's Answer to Pinot Noir
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- My First House White
- 3 Terrific Wines to Pair with Short Ribs
- An $11 Spanish Red Made from a Grape You've Never Heard Of
- A Red to Drink with Porchetta
- 3 Cheap Wines to Pair with Salads
An F&W contributor talks about her favorite grocery store wine.
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Emily Kaiser Thelin, Writer and F&W Contributor
Why: “This wine is often sold for $8.99 or 9.99 at my favorite grocery store, Monterey Market ,” says Thelin. “It's juicy, lightly spicy and fruity, and just tannic enough to go with practically anything—from roast chicken to seared pork chops to salmon to many a beany vegetarian dish.” She also likes this little bonus: The wine is made by Tuscan superstar Attilio Pagli.