- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- A Fruity, Floral Red from Spain’s Ribeira Sacra
- The Best Wines to Pair with Mac and Cheese
- 3 Best-Ever Sweater-Weather Reds
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
- 3 Bottles From France’s Best Value Region
- 5 Wines to Pair with Roast Chicken
- 3 Wines to Pair with Beef Stew
An F&W contributor talks about her favorite grocery store wine.
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Emily Kaiser Thelin, Writer and F&W Contributor
Why: “This wine is often sold for $8.99 or 9.99 at my favorite grocery store, Monterey Market ,” says Thelin. “It's juicy, lightly spicy and fruity, and just tannic enough to go with practically anything—from roast chicken to seared pork chops to salmon to many a beany vegetarian dish.” She also likes this little bonus: The wine is made by Tuscan superstar Attilio Pagli.