- 6 Super-Satisfying Vegetarian Stews
- 10 Ways to Use Chocolate Chips (Other than in Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- 5 Ways to Use a Dip Most Americans Have Never Heard Of
- 4 Crispy-Cheesy Margherita Pizza Recipes
- 7 Gooey, Buttery Breakfast Pastries to Make This Weekend
- 10 Super-Cozy Winter Brunch Dishes
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 9 New Ways to Make Waffles
- 8 Crisp and Crunchy Fall Salads
- 5 Best Kale Pesto Dishes for Summer
While not all food appreciation days are worth celebrating (we’ll pass on National Turkey Neck Soup Day, thanks) today is National Meatball Day and that is definitely a day worthy of note.
While not all food appreciation days are worth celebrating (we’ll pass on National Turkey Neck Soup Day, thanks) today is National Meatball Day and that is definitely a day worthy of note. Here, ten meatball recipes from around the world for an incredible National Meatball Day feast.
1. Chicken-Meatball Yakitori
Known as tsukune, these grilled meatballs are delicious Japanese-style appetizers.
2. Swedish Meatballs
In Sweden, making meatballs is a very social family affair. The more kids you can round up for the rolling the better, since a child’s palm makes the perfect-size ball.
3. Vietnamese Chicken Meatballs in Lettuce Wraps
Give these meatballs a heavenly sticky glaze by rolling them in sugar before baking.
4. Mexican Meatball Soup
Studded with zucchini, corn and tomatoes, this brothy soup is comforting, especially on chilly evenings.
5. Italian Meatballs in Caper-Tomato Sauce
Milk-soaked bread helps make these beef-and-pork meatballs incredible light; bits of chopped olive make them extra-flavorful.
6. Moroccan Spiced Lamb-and-Rice Meatballs
This variation on a common Moroccan tagine is spiced with aromatic saffron.
7. Norwegian Meatballs
The cocoa sauce in this recipe might seem unusual but it’s delicious with the lamb-and-veal meatballs and mashed potatoes.
8. Grilled Middle Eastern Meatballs
Pass crisp lettuce leaves and tangy yogurt with these cumin-spiced meatballs and assemble them at the table.
9. Sicilian Meatball Soup
Flavored with Parmesan and garlic and studded with raisins, Sicilian meatballs turn vegetable soup into a tempting meal.
10. Mini-Meatball Indian Curry
Cashew butter adds silky richness to this dairy-free dish.