If you can reliably grill a steak to medium-rare or a sausage until it’s just ready to burst, then you’re ready for the next level. Go from a BBQ rookie to a grill sergeant with these smart tips.
1. Glaze Vegetables with Mayo: Chef Nate Appleman swears by coating vegetables with a mayonnaise-based marinade. It creates a beautifully blistered crust when grilled. His recipe is delicious on asparagus, broccoli and fennel.
- Why You Should Grill Your Tomatoes
- Why Your Cast-Iron Skillet is a Must-Have Grilling Tool
- 6 Greens You Should Definitely Be Grilling
2. Give Vegetables an Ice Bath: Before grilling, chill vegetables down in ice water. It will ensure that they come off the grill moist and crisp.