- 10 Fruit Vinaigrettes for People Who Hate Fruit Vinaigrettes
- 7 Ways to Have a Champagne-Soaked New Year's Eve
- 8 Delicious Grains and Greens Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Gooey Cheese-Stuffed Recipes
- 9 Best Cinnamon Brunch Recipes
- An Awesome Easy Italian Cookie for a Crowd
- Get Down and Dirty This Mardi Gras with Dirty Rice
- 7 Best Fennel Soups
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
F&W's Best New Chefs know what to do with spring produce.
Amp up your spring with these 10 seasonal recipes from past F&W BNCs.
1. Casserole-Baked Halibut with Leeks and Carrots
This super-simple, ingredient-driven dish is from F&W Best New Chef 2004 Melissa Perello.
2. Fresh Ricotta and Radish Crostini
F&W BNC 1999 Paul Kahan spreads creamy homemade ricotta on crostini, then adds a few slices of pretty red radish and a sprinkling of pepper for an incredible appetizer.
3. Braised Artichoke Hearts Stuffed with Olives and Herbs
These elegant stuffed artichokes are from Erik Anderson, an F&W BNC 2012.
4. Creamy Spring Onion Soup
A swirl of buttermilk mixed with fresh goat cheese gives F&W BNC 2008 Gerard Craft’s fresh-tasting soup a delicious tang.
5. Smoky Glazed Asparagus
F&W BNC 2009 Nate Appleman sears by coating vegetables with a mayonnaise-based marinade; it creates a beautifully blistered crust when grilled.
6. Lemony Chicken Fricassee with Shallots and Morels
Typically, a fricassee is made with chicken or another kind of white meat stewed in a white sauce with vegetables. For her version, F&W BNC 1998 Katy Sparks sizzles chicken in butter, then cooks it with shallots and morels.
7. Garden Pea Soup with Morel Cream
F&W BNC 2005 Daniel Humm swirls sweet pea soup with an ultra-mushroomy morel cream.
8. Herbed Pea Puree and Ricotta Salad
This wonderful, complex-tasting warm salad by BNC 2014 Matthew Accarrino combines three types of peas with a creamy ricotta-pea puree, sweet-tart lemon confiture and almonds.
9. Asparagus Tempura
This supercrispy tempura from F&W BNC 1996 Michael Schlow is perfect for cocktail parties.
10. Seared Salmon with Onions and Rhubarb
F&W BNC 1999 Rocco DiSpirito likes to use bulb onions—immature onions harvested early in the season—in this terrific spring dish.