Best American Artisans
F&W spotlights incredible artisans across America, including expert cheesemakers, bakers, farmers and knife forgers. Name your favorite talents and products using #FWArtisans
America's Best Food Artisans
- Bunches & Bunches
- Sitka Salmon Shares
- The White Moustache
- Big Spoon Roasters
- Portland Meat Collective
- Porter Road Butcher
- Namu Gaji
- Salty Tart Bakery
- Kurtwood Farms
- Bodhitree Farm
- Smoking Goose
- Grist & Toll
- Pernicious Pickling Co.
- Charlito’s Cocina
- Dram Apothecary
- Liber & Co.
- The Local Pig
- Our Town Bakery
- Quince & Apple
- Smoke Signals
Food & Wine Presents: Food Curated
We teamed up with James Beard Award-winning videographer
Liza de Guia of Food Curated to go behind-the-scenes
with some of our favorite artisans.
Some of America's best young woodworkers are following family tradition while others have fine-arts training. Whatever their backgrounds, these artisans are all about a DIY sensibility.
With a slew of exciting food projects—including a pastured-beef ranch, a chain of butcher shops and a beautiful eco-lodge—entrepreneur Anya Fernald is trying to turn the locavore trend into a permanent way of life.
More on Artisans
- F&W Masters: Lessons from Food Experts and Artisans
- Woodworker Josh Vogel’s Kitchen Tools
- Spice Artisan Lior Lev Sercarz
- Pizza Artisans to Watch
- Beautiful New Kitchen Tools
- Trendspotting: Start Your Own Food Business
- Melrose Market: Cook Like a Food Artisan
- Artisan Workshops at a Costa Rica Eco-Resort
- How To Make Ice Cream Like an Artisan
- Cutting-Edge Butcher Shops
- Best Kitchen Knives
- Small Batch Superstars
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.