Uncorked Wines that Last:
Wine Freshness FAQ's:
1. Should I keep leftover red wine at room temperature?
Any open wine lasts longer in the refrigerator; take reds out a half hour before serving.
2. Can you freeze leftover wine?
Yes. I found that an opened half-bottle of red, frozen in a plastic container and thawed five days later, tasted better than the same wine left on a counter for the same amount of time. But I wouldn't try this with a $500 Burgundy.
- Uncorked Wines that Last
- 10 Uncorked Wines That Won't Fade
- Red, White and Orange Wines
- The Box-Wine Bonus
3. Does placing a silver spoon in the neck of a Champagne bottle help preserve the bubbles?
Nosadly, this is a myth.