Turkey comes in an easy second-best to Food Network star Michael Symon's roast delicata squash, sweetly caramelized and stuffed with herb-flecked, protein-rich quinoa. No one will need gravy for rocker Dave Matthews's cheese-laden zucchini-and-mushroom moussaka. And F&W's Melissa Jacobson Rubel's creamy mushroom pasta is not only meaty with flavor, but the mix of pasta shapes makes the dish a great one for kids, regardless of whether they eat meat or not. Click through to find new vegetarian Thanksgiving classics that even carnivores will love.
Anna Thomas's 1970s book, The Vegetarian Epicure, is iconic; updated in the '90s and rechristened The New Vegetarian Epicure, it focuses on recipes for entertaining. One of her latest dishes is this crusty baked polenta, swirled with mashed butternut squash and smoked Gouda cheese.
- A Carnivore's Best Vegetarian Dishes
- The Happy Vegetarian
- Judges' Choice: Best New Vegetarian Dishes
- America’s Best Vegetarian Cooking
- The New (Almost) Vegetarian
- The Worldly Vegetarian
- 5 Tips for Pairing Red Wine and Vegetables
- Perfecting Thanksgiving Dinner: Vegetables