In This Article:
Vintage-Inspired Food Gifts
Our great-grandparents ate hand pies as a portable snack. Now there's an easy way to make the pies: Breville's new machine. $80; brevilleusa.com.
Recipe: Pear-Cranberry Hand Pies
- Paola Navone: Mastering the Vintage-Modern Mix
- A New Kitchen's Vintage Style
- Vintage Chic Kitchen
- Vintage Wine Bags
- 1960s Party: Retro-Modern Dips
- Retromania: New Restaurants that Serve Updated Classics
- Retro-Cool Kitchen
- Sweet Nostalgia: Retro Candy Trends
© Emilee Gettle
New Home for Old Seeds
America's oldest continuously operating seed seller, Connecticut's Comstock, Ferre & Co., has a pair of alarmingly young new owners: twentysomethings Jeremiath and Emilee Gettle of Missouri's Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds. In 19th-century-style clothing, the couple sells equally historical seeds like the pre-1870s long scarlet radish. 263 Main St., Wethersfield, CT; 866-653-7333 or rareseeds.com.