"Vacherin can be boringit's basically ice cream and meringue. But this version has French notes, Asian notes and my own notes".
2. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
"When I first read Haruki Murakami's novel, I had just started a job at Daniel in New York City. I was working 17- to 18-hour days, and I still couldn't put it down. That's how good it is."
- Top Chef
- Top Chef Top 10: Carla Hall
- Top Chef Top 10: Ludo Lefebvre
- Top Chef Top 10: Stephanie Izard
- Top Chef Top 10: Susur Lee
"If you do only one thing in the city, make your way along the Bosphorus. You'll see the Blue Mosque and skyscrapers, the Egyptian spice market, the bazaar; you'll see over 3,000 years of history."