Three Italian Party Wines
2005 Avignonesi Rosso ($14)
Avignonesi produces pricey, sought-after Tuscan reds, as well as this berry-rich bottling.
2006 Coltibuono Selezione RS Chianti Classico ($17)
From one of the great names in Chianti, this red has earthy notes under its bright fruit.
2007 Inama Vin Soave ($17)
Stefano Inama has helped restore Soave’s somewhat battered reputation with wines like this graceful, floral white.
- A Winemaker’s Amazing Lunch on the Italian Riviera
- Italian Grapes from A to Z
- 30+ Amazing Italian Recipes
- Healthy Pasta
- Mario Batali’'s Italian Grilling
- Wine Pairing Rules for Italian, Japanese and Mexican Food