Peter Som: Fashion’s Big Foodie
"My parents were huge foodies. They would plan our family vacations around where they wanted to eat. We took a trip to France when I was 12, and I remember having an amazing meal at Georges Blanc. I ate everything they served me, even tripe, and I believe I liked it."
"I got into baking three or four years ago. It was like that movie Waitress with Keri Russell: I was going through some crazy times, and baking was a really calming way to do something that had a definitive beginning, middle and end—a delicious end! My boyfriend loves my coconut cake, which is one of my specialties. When he asked me to make it for his birthday, of course I said yes. But then I found out how many people were coming to the party—45! I’ve learned that in baking, you can’t just double a recipe, so I had to make three separate batches. The cake weighed 20 pounds. There was flour everywhere. My kitchen was a crazy mess."
- The Hungry Crowd: Dave Matthews
- The Hungry Crowd: Daphne Oz, Host of The Chew
- The Hungry Crowd: Carla Hall Host of The Chew
- The Hungry Crowd: Emilio Estevez
- Zang Toi's Fashion Party: New Year's Eve
- Agatha Ruiz de la Prada
- The Toast of China
- A Denim & Cocktail Guru’s Mexican Fiesta
- Lesson in French Cookies with Francois Payard and Jason Wu
"The fashion world can be stressful and fast-paced. Cooking is a kind of escape for me. When it’s been a hectic day, to come home and make a slow-braised short rib, open a bottle of wine and relax—it’s like therapy."