Anna Kendrick’s High-Stakes Baking
“I’ve always loved baking—it feels like the stakes are high. Cooking isn’t precise enough for me; I’m a little OCD, and I like the way baking makes my brain feel. I take on projects that are more hands-on, like crème brûlée, although I burned myself pretty badly the first time I used a blowtorch. My biggest baking disaster was profiteroles. I couldn’t get the pastry to puff up without falling or burning, and I was running around my kitchen panicking.”
Anna Kendrick Loves Ales
Kendrick is a craft-beer lover. Her picks:
- Healthy Grilling in the Hollywood Hills
- Spanish Road Trip with Mario Batali and Gwyneth Paltrow
- Star at the Stove: Gwyneth Paltrow
- Top Chef Host Padma’s Indian Cooking
- Pairings: Celebrity Chefs, Winemakers and Musical Legends
- Trendspotting: American Craft Beers
- Best Destinations for Beer in the World
- Ultimate Beer Guide
New Belgium’s toasty flagship ale.
A malty, floral brew from Oregon.
Brown Belgian ale Prior 8 is slightly fruity.
Anna Kendrick Tries Fried Chicken
“It’s hard to believe, but I recently tried fried chicken for the first time, at South City Kitchen in Atlanta. I didn’t eat it as a kid, and I just never thought to order it. I had no idea what I’d been missing!”