South Australia Bottles:
2007 Shoofly Buzz Cut White ($14)
Ben Riggs, one of the rising stars of Australian wine, fashions this tangy, lemon-scented blend from a variety of white grapes: Viognier, Riesling, Chardonnay, Verdelho and Sémillon.
2008 Woop Woop Verdelho V ($14)
In Australian slang, woop woop means “out in the middle of nowhere.” For this minerally white, that means grapes from Australia’s far-southern Limestone Coast region.
- South Australia’s Wine Country Recipes & Value Wines
- Northern California’s Best Wine Values
- Southern France’s Best Wine Values
- Coastal Chile’s Best Wine Values
- Mediterranean Spain’s Best Wine Values
2007 Strong Arms Shiraz ($10)
Produced by importer (and F&W contributing editor) Dan Philips, this lush, purple- hued Shiraz reveals surprising floral notes in its aroma.