Three decades after launching their first boutique, the family behind Modern Appealing Clothing (MAC) have opened a second location in the up- and-coming Dogpatch neighborhood.
On The Shelves
In addition to edgy Japanese and European fashions, the store sells items by local artisans, like canvas aprons and ceramics, plus sea salts from the city’s Boulettes Larder.
- The San Francisco City Guide
- Dog-Friendly San Francisco
- San Francisco Inspirations
- San Francisco’s New Tastemakers
- Where to Go Next: San Francisco
- Maverick Butchers: Avedano’s in San Francisco
- Bay Area Chocolate Binge
MAC shares a 19th-century building with Dig, a wine shop specializing in Italy and France (digwinesf.com), and an artisanal pasta and pizza spot, Piccino (piccinocafe.com). A Piccino diner recently popped into MAC to pick up a dress by Belgian designer Sofie D’Hoore while waiting for dessert. 1003 Minnesota St.; modernappealingclothing.com.