An under-the-radar name; has done great work at California wineries like Larkmead and DuMOL.
A Bordeaux native and the world’s white wine guru.
The (late) great Bordeaux guru of high-quality winemaking (pictured, at right).
One of the true pioneers in natural winemaking in California.
Famed for applying classic Burgundian winemaking techniques to the best California fruit.
Modern-day disciple of Peynaud; has worked with estates from India to Washington state.
Makes great wines in California, Chile and Argentina.
Combines French training and technique with top California fruit to great effect.
A Bordelais who believes that 90 percent of a wine’s quality is due to the vineyard.
Robert Parker: 30 Years of Wine Trends
- The Rise of the Winemaking Consultant
- The World’s Most Influential Wine Consultants
- The Rise of the Wine Critic
- The Culinary Revolution
- The Explosion of Diversity in Wine
- Exciting New Wine Regions
- The New Philosophy of Winemaking
- The Creation of Healthier Vineyards
- Wine Is Now Number One
- Huge Increases in Popularity and High Prices