* When making quick bread batters by hand, use a large, sturdy, long-handled spatula or the curved version that looks like a cross between a spoon and a spatula.
* Lower the oven temperature by 25° to prevent overbaking if using a glass pan or a pan with a dark finish.
* Use a cake tester--a rigid stainless steel wire with a loop handle.
* Serve biscuits and scones right out of the oven. Muffins are good warm or reheated. Let quick loaves cool completely before slicing in order to set the crumb.
* Use a serrated knife to cut quick bread loaves; it will preserve the delicate crumb.
American Express Publishing ("AEP") may use your email address to send you account updates and offers that may interest you. To learn more about the ways we may use your email address and about your privacy choices, read the AEP