How did you become a Redskins fan?
I grew up in northern Virginia, so I just always watched the Redskins. A long time ago, about 20 years ago, my dad had a golf business, Tyson’s Washington Golf Center. I met just about every Redskin there; I’d regrip all their golf clubs. I did Wilber Marshall, Art Monk, Terry Orr, Ricky Sanders. I even played golf with Ricky Sanders once. And I’d teach Joe Jacoby every once in a while.
- NFL Pigskin: Bradford Thompson and the New York Giants
- NFL Pigskin: Frank Ruta and the Pittsburgh Steelers
- NFL Pigskin: Gavin Kaysen and the San Diego Chargers
- NFL Pigskin: Giuseppe Tentori and the Chicago Bears
- NFL Pigskin: Kevin Rathbun and the Atlanta Falcons
- NFL Pigskin: Lachlan MacKinnon-Patterson and the Denver Broncos
- NFL Pigskin: Michael Symon and the Cleveland Browns
- NFL Pigskin: Susan Spicer and the New Orleans Saints
- NFL Pigskin: Tim Love and the Dallas Cowboys
- NFL Pigskin: Tony Maws and the New England Patriots
- Talking Pigskin: Pork Recipes for NFL Football
Is there anything you like to eat while watching games? Did you ever tailgate?
I miss watching games at RFK. The whole stadium would rock up and down. But there was never so much tailgating. Washington Redskins fans are sort of weird. We’re not that into the food. And we’re not that into getting crazy, crazy drunk. I guess we want to pay attention and watch the game.