How did you become a Giants fan? When?
I became a fan in 1978, after they lost to the Eagles in the infamous game known as “The Fumble” (pictured, below). It was the low point in Giants’ history and the catalyst for change that would bring the Giants Lawrence Taylor, Phil Simms and Bill Parcells as head coach. Also, my father was an Eagles fan, and I was a rebellious child.
- Talking Pigskin: Pork Recipes for NFL Football
- NFL Pigskin: Gavin Kaysen and the San Diego Chargers
- NFL Pigskin: Giuseppe Tentori and the Chicago Bears
- NFL Pigskin: Kevin Rathbun and the Atlanta Falcons
- NFL Pigskin: Lachlan MacKinnon-Patterson and the Denver Broncos
- NFL Pigskin: Michael Symon and the Cleveland Browns
- NFL Pigskin: Tim Love and the Dallas Cowboys
- NFL Pigskin: Tony Maws and the New England Patriots
Do you have any favorite foods you make while watching or tailgating games?
Two of our favorite things to cook in the Giants stadium parking lot are whole pigs cooked in a La Caja China Box and, around Thanksgiving time, whole deep-fried turkeys. Anything with pork in it is popular. Grilled food tastes better when it’s cold out and we’re standing in the parking lot before a game.