Places to Eat in California Wine Country
Paysanne (Mendocino County)
At her sunny new sweets shop, Melinda Ellis turns out blood orange ice pops, chocolate shortbread and ice cream sandwiches on gingersnaps. 14111 Hwy. 128, Boonville; 707-937-1831.
Uneda Eat (Mendocino County)
Longtime caterers Jill and Rob Hunter run this family-style restaurant in Point Arena. Their menu changes daily, with dishes like vadouvan-braised chicken and pasta with romesco, ricotta and foraged mushrooms. 206 Main St., Point Arena; 707-882-3800.
- California Wine Guide: Napa
- What to Eat, Drink and Do in Sonoma County
- California Wine Guide: Santa Barbara
- California Wine Country: New Regions You Need to Know
- Next Great California Wine Regions
- Best of California Wine Now
The Madrones (Mendocino County)
This food-wine complex has a cheese shop, tasting rooms for four wineries, guest rooms and classes on canning and foraging. 9000 Hwy. 128, Philo; 707-895-2955.