Mario Batali's Favorite Italian Restaurants in the U.S.
© Bob Peterson
"Salumi is run by my mom, dad and sister. If you have the hot oxtail sandwich there, you'll understand why I am who I am."
© Karen Harmelin
"The crespellea savory rolled crepe served at the same time as the pasta courseis just spectacular."
Porchetta, New York City
Courtesy of Porchetta
"There's one menu itemporchetta (stuffed roast pork loin). It comes between bread or on a plate. When I need my mojo worked out, I go here."
Pepolino, New York City
© Ramon Thompson
"Pepolino is pure traditional Tuscan food, as interpreted by true Tuscan cooks, served with mostly Tuscan wine by Tuscan waiters and waitresses."
Pizzeria Picco, Larkspur, CA
© Marlena John
"My friend Bruce Hill understands everything about California cooking yet also focuses just on the perfect pizza dough."
Pizzeria Bianco, Phoenix
© John Hall Photography
"Chris Bianco uses all the Neapolitan ideology to make as perfect a pizza as you can find in America."
- Mario Batali's Passport to Eataly
- Joe Bastianich's Eataly Wine Picks
- Star Chefs Making a Difference: Mario Batali on Food Banks
- Team Mario Batali's Vegetable Challenge
- Spanish Road Trip with Mario Batali and Gwyneth Paltrow
- Mario Batali’s Italian Grilling
- Interview with Mario Batali
- Trendspotting: Italian-American People and Food
- Essential Italian Ingredients
- Best New Italian Spots