From the bloomy, buttery Nocturne to the nutty, melting Picolo, Soyoung Scanlan makes unbelievable cow’s- and goat’s-milk cheeses, says chef Joseph Humphrey of Murray Circle in Sausalito, CA. The chef and cheesemaker are also collaborating on a cheese for Humphrey’s restaurant.
- Locavore Resources
- Locavore Resources: Mid-Atlantic
- Locavore Resources: Midwest
- Locavore Resources: Northeast
- Locavore Resources: Southeast
- Locavore Resources: Southwest
“Anyone visiting Portland shouldn’t miss Steve’s store,” Rucker says. Tucked inside the Square Deal Wine Company, Steve Jones’s shop favors local cheeses like the tangy Hannah Bridge from Ancient Heritage Dairy in Scio—the first sheep’s-milk dairy in the state.