What’s the best way to store bread?
A breadbox is still the best way—one that’s slightly ventilated, but keeps the moisture in. They usually they have some grate, something like a pie safe, that keeps the draft off but doesn’t let it become totally soft.
- Gastronaut Files: Baking Bread
- World’s Best Bakeries
- Simple Acts of Sandwich Genius
- Best New Sandwich Recipes
- F&W’s Masters Series: Lessons from Bread Artisan Chad Robertson
- Lessons from Bread Artisan Chad Robertson: Storing, Slicing and Making Sandwiches
Wrapping it in a piece of linen is an alternate way, or a paper bag with a piece of cloth around it.