In this article:
Prepping and Cooking Artichoke Hearts
Jacques Pépin reveals a great shortcut for trimming artichokes.
Chef Richard Blais like to serve steamed artichokes whole. Their nutty flavor is especially delicious with the smoky, herb-flecked mayonnaise.
- Jacques Pepin's Best French Classics
- Spring Recipes for Seasonal Produce
- 7 California Ingredients You Must Taste Now
- An Expert's Pairing Advice
- A Thrifty Guide to Great Chef Recipes
- Vegetables: What Spain’s Most Creative Chefs Are Obsessed with Now
- Team Mario Batali's Vegetable Challenge
Artichokes are notorious for making wine taste bitter. To prevent that, Michael Chiarello slow-roasts artichoke hearts in extra-virgin olive oil to bring out their sweetness.