2007 Red Guitar Tempranillo Garnacha ($12)
Red Guitar makes inexpensive reds from Spain’s under-the-radar Navarra region, sourced from the area’s abundance of old-vine vineyards. This juicy blend has lots of bright raspberry fruit.
More Great Wine Values
2007 Banrock Station Riesling ($7)
In addition to donating a percentage of its profits to help preserve local wetlands, Australia’s Banrock Station also makes a broad range of high-quality but inexpensive wines. One of the best in the lineup is this crisp, lime-scented Riesling.
- 5 Smart Tips for Holiday Wine Buying
- Holiday Wines | Tip 1: Buy Great Wine Values by the Case
- Holiday Wines | Tip 2: Look for Wine Screw Caps
- Holiday Wines | Tip 3: Select Food-Friendly Wines
- Holiday Wines | Tip 4: Pick Affordable Sparkling Wines
2008 Indaba Sauvignon Blanc ($10)
Tongue-tingling acidity and ripe gooseberry flavors make this herbal white from South Africa’s western Cape region a pleasure to drink. Indaba, which is the Zulu word for “a meeting of the minds,” donates a portion of its proceeds each year to fund scholarships for formerly disenfranchised South Africans who are interested in pursuing wine-related careers.