2007 Serra da Estrela Albariño ($16)
The Rías Baixas region on Spain’s northwest coast produces superb whites, mostly from the Albariño variety. The flavor of this minerally, bright bottling recalls fresh-cut grapefruit.
More Great Wine Values
2007 Domaines François Lurton Les Fumées Blanches Sauvignon Blanc ($11)
The ubiquitous Lurton family produces wine all over the world at a wide range of prices. But they excel at affordable bottlings like this pretty French Sauvignon Blanc, with its summery cut-grass and gooseberry notes.
- 5 Smart Tips for Holiday Wine Buying
- Holiday Wines | Tip 1: Buy Great Wine Values by the Case
- Holiday Wines | Tip 3: Select Food-Friendly Wines
- Holiday Wines | Tip 4: Pick Affordable Sparkling Wines
- Holiday Wines | Tip 5: Use Terrific $12-and-Under Wines for Punch
2007 Joel Gott California Sauvignon Blanc ($12)
Joel Gott has a reputation as one of California’s premier value producers. Though his wines are always affordable, they’re almost always delicious, too. This Sauvignon Blanc is full of zesty melon and citrus flavors.