Halloween Dessert Recipes
« Combining several favorites into one, this pumpkin cheesecake with a brownie crust appeals to our want-it-all urges.
- Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake (left)
- Halloween Sugar Cookies
- Halloween Whoopie Pies
- Red Velvet Spider Web Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Cookies
Halloween Party Menu: F&W's Fright Night Feast
« When they're covered with white chocolate, these lemony cake pops look like ghosts. Make their faces with an edible decorating pen or dots of black frosting.
- Ghostly Lemon Cake Pops (left)
- Black Widow Goat Cheese Log
- Scallop and Olive Eyeball Canapés
- Spiced Candy Corn Crispies
- Worms in Dirt
Halloween Party Recipes: Halloween Cocktails
« At New York City's Death & Co, one of the first places in the country to offer old-fashioned punch-bowl service, Phil Ward cools his Kill Devil Punch with a block of raspberry ice that releases berries into the bowl as it melts.
Halloween Party Recipes: Orange-and-Black Foods
« Michelle Bernstein makes a silky version of black bean soup by adding cream to the beans, then blending them until frothy.
- Sherried Black Bean Soup with Shrimp (left)
- Butternut Squash Turnovers
- Chocolate Tartlets with Candied Orange Peel
- Black-and-Orange Cookies
Halloween Party Recipes: Halloween Candy Remixes
« The best part of these incredible ice cream sandwiches: dipping the bars into crushed chocolate toffee candy to form a supercrunchy shell.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Bars
- Candy Corn and Chocolate Chip Cookies (left)
- Snickers Ice Cream Milk
- Spotted Porcupine Cookies
Halloween Party Recipes: "Devil Foods"
« Salvatore Denaro's luscious pollo alla diavola ("devil's-style chicken") is intensely seasoned.
- Chicken alla Diavola (left)
- Devil's Food Cupcakes with Espresso Meringue
- Deviled Ham Salad on Marbled Rye Bread
- Deviled Eggs
Halloween Party Recipes: Savory Pumpkin Recipes
« "This pasta," Mario Batali says, "always propels me into fall." You can substitute pumpkin or hubbard squashwhichever looks more beautiful at your marketfor the butternut.
- Cavatelli with Spicy Winter Squash (left)
- Pumpkin Lasagne
- Pumpkin Soup with Sage and Ham
- Winter Squash and Gruyère Gratin
The World's Scariest Foods
« A palm-sized species of black tarantula known as "a-ping" is a well-known culinary specialty of Skuon, a small Cambodian village north of Phnom Penh.
Dress Like a Chef
« Scrounging for a last-minute Halloween costume? Get inspiration from some of Food & Wine's favorite chefs.