Courtesy of Six Senses Resorts & Spas
On an Island: Soneva Kiri Resort
Six Senses will open a luxe eco-resort on the secluded, 50-square-mile island of Koh Kood in southeast Thailand. Activities will include cooking and gardening classes, naturalist-led rainforest treks or just lounging in the shade of an umbrella on the white-sand beach.
Plus: Fantastic Thai Recipes
- Creating An Eco-Conscious Kitchen
- Oregon: Top Bottles from Eco-Conscious Wineries
- Eco-Ocean Awards
- Best Small Eco-Lodges
- Eco Travel: Luxurious Lodge in Panama
- Eco Checklist: Take a Green Vacation
- Eco-Lessons at Sea School
Courtesy of Lion Sands
On a Game Reserve: Lion Sands
The Chalkley Treehouse at Lion Sands Private Game Reserve in South Africa was originally built by the owners’ great grandfather back in 1942. Today, guests can spend the night under the stars and safely spot nocturnal wildlife from the 500-year-old leadwood tree.