2007 Marcarini Fontanazza Dolcetto d’Alba ($16)
Marcarini’s least-expensive Dolcetto, robust and earthy, comes from vines growing primarily in the La Morra subregion of Piedmont.
2006 Prunotto Fiulot Barbera d’Asti ($17)
Graceful and bursting with lively berry fruit, this youthful Barbera is aged for only four months in stainless steel tanks.
- 50+ Values, Legendary Regions
- Great Values from Bordeaux
- Great Values from Barossa Valley
- Great Values from Mosel-Saar-Ruwer
- Great Values from Napa Valley
- Great Values from Rhône Valley
2005 Coppo Camp du Rouss Barbera d’Asti ($19)
Coppo got its start in the 1800s making Moscato but has transformed into a Barbera specialist. This modern-style wine, with its rich black cherry flavor, gains spiciness from aging in new French oak barrels.