2006 BonAnno Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley ($20)
Winemaker Tim Dolven of Steltzner Vineyards helps BonAnno proprietor Matthew Bonnano craft this expressive, blackberry-rich red from top-quality Napa Valley fruit.
2005 Aquinas Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($13)
Don Sebastiani & Sons, one of California’s top négociant companies, owns this brand. Aquinas concentrates on simple reds from Napa Valley—like this bacony, black-curranty Cabernet.
- 50+ Values, Legendary Regions
- Great Values from Bordeaux
- Great Values from Barossa Valley
- Great Values from Piedmont
- Great Values from Mosel-Saar-Ruwer
- Great Values from Rhône Valley
2005 Avalon Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon ($15)
Sweet blackberry flavor and a light oak toastiness are the defining characteristics of this juicy Cabernet from the oddly named Purple Wine Company, which produces bargain bottlings from regions throughout California.