Regardless of grape variety or even color (the Loire Valley also makes very good reds, mostly from Cabernet Franc), the Loire Valley region's primarily cool climate leads to wines with refreshing acidity and bright flavors.
Loire Valley: Main Varietals
- Things You Need to Know About French Wine
- French Wine Regions: Bordeaux Wine
- French Wine Regions: Burgundy Wine
- French Wine: The Champagne Region
- French Wine Regions: Alsace
- French Wine Regions: Languedoc-Roussillon
- French Wine Regions: The Rhône Valley
- Wine 101: Sauvignon Blanc
- Wine 101: Chenin Blanc
Loire Valley: River Rules
The Loire is the longest river in France, and the appellations that stretch along it, from the Atlantic Coast to the center of the country, produce more white wine than any other region in France.