Border Grill; Los Angeles & Las Vegas
Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger's L.A. flagship sells turkey tamales and cranberry salsa (right); their Vegas outpost has venison enchiladas. The tamales are available for takeout through Christmas.
Watch Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger cook their nontraditional Thanksgiving tamales with cranberry salsa.
On Thanksgiving, in addition to turkey and house-smoked ham, chef Tim Byres serves a beef rib roast that's been slow-cooked in a pit.
- Great Chef Thanksgiving Recipes Made Easy
- A Chef’s All-American Thanksgiving
- A Chef's First Thanksgiving
- Holiday Menu: Reinventing Thanksgiving Classics
- Thanksgiving Tips: Improving Storebought Dishes
- Best Thanksgiving Web Sources
- Holiday: Thanksgiving Planner
A Chef Gives Back
The staff of Bryan Caswell's restaurant get the holiday off, but the chef always cooks a huge Thanksgiving spread for two local firehouses. The firemen's favorites: white bean stew and turkey breast roulade.