On Las Vegas
I got to Vegas in 1998, right before the Bellagio opened, which was really the catalyst for all the food and wine programs. Since then, it’s just been growing exponentially and everybody’s here now, from Mario Batali to Thomas Keller.
At Alex, I serve superluxe modern French cuisine (3131 Las Vegas Blvd. South.; 888-352-3463 or wynnlasvegas.com).
- Chefs’ City Guides
- Interview with Allen Susser (Chef Allen’s, Miami)
- Interview with Daniel Boulud (Daniel, New York)
- Interview with John Besh (Restaurant August, New Orleans)
- Interview with Laurent Tourondel (BLT Steak, Washington, D.C.)
- Interview with Marc Vetri (Vetri, Philadelphia)
- Interview with Michael Schlow (Radius, Boston)
- Interview with Nancy Silverton (Osteria Mozza and Pizzeria Mozza, Los Angeles)
- Interview with Rick Bayless (Frontera Grill and Topolobampo, Chicago)
- Interview with Traci Des Jardins (Jardinière, San Francisco)
Favorite Cultural Activity
I like doing things away from the Strip, like playing golf at the Arroyo Golf Club at Red Rock (2250 C Red Springs Drive; 702-258-2300 or thearroyogolfclub.com) and Bear’s Best (11111 West Flamingo Rd.; 702-804-8500 or bearsbest.com), and hiking the beautiful red mountains of the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area (redrockcanyonlv.org).