Canning and Pickling Guide for Preserving Summer Produce
Fantastic Canning Recipes
- Bread-and-Butter Pickles »
- Apricot Honey
- Sweet Cherries with Basil
- Blood Plum Puree
- Hot Pepper Jelly
- Peach Halves in Sugar Syrup
- Home-Canned Tomatoes
Canning How Tos
- Canning 101
- Basic Tips for First-Time Canners
- 7 Essential Steps to Safe Canning
Home canning requires a few basic pieces of equipment and knowledge of simple techniques.
From selecting the perfect fruit to canning jars, these tips will get you started.
A primer on how to properly sterilize jars and lids to ensure safe, bacteria-free food.
From tangy Chowchow topping all-American hamburgers, to strawberry preserves adding sweetness to Sour Cream Berry Muffins, here are recipes perfect for preserving summer produce now to savor later. More »
Plus: Summer Produce Guide
Pickling summer produce is a great way to enjoy warm-weather flavors a few weeks longer.
- Garlicky Chile Pickles
- Spicy Dill Quick Pickles
- Saffron-Cucumber Pickles »
- Curry Quick Pickles
- Pickled Jerusalem Artichokes
- Spiced Kirby Pickles
- Mint and Cumin Pickled Carrots
Plus: Pick Your Pickle guide to prepping vegetables