Bookmark: Italian Cookbooks
1. Simple Italian Food By Mario Batali. Surprisingly easy-to-follow recipes for revamped Italian classics from the molto restaurateur.
2. The Splendid Table By Lynne Rossetto Kasper. The definitive guide to the food of Emilia-Romagna (home to prosciutto, Parmigiano and true balsamico).
3. Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking By Marcella Hazan. Two of Hazan's indispensable cookbooks in one volume, plus an extra 50 fail-safe recipes.
4. The Fine Art of Italian Cooking By Giuliano Bugialli. A culinary scholar gives a thorough look at Italian cuisine from a Tuscan perspective.
5. Italian Regional Cooking By Ada Boni. This lavishly photographed volume from the '60s, Baroque by today's standards and now out of print, remains an important resource.
3 New Additions
1. Make It Italian By Nancy Verde Barr. Master the basic themes of the Italian kitchen with this virtual nonna.
2. In a Roman Kitchen By Jo Bettoja. An insider's guide to the markets, shops and authentic recipes of the Eternal City.
3. The Essential Mediterranean By Nancy Harmon Jenkins. A vivid survey of the region's key ingredients and recipes.