"A good marinade does all the work for you," says Bill Kim. At his Chicago noodle and dumpling bar, Urbanbelly, and his Asian-and-Latin-inspired takeout shop, Belly Shack, the chef relies on marinades to make sure a dish always tastes the same, no matter which of his line cooks prepares it. Terrific marinades are critical for home kitchens too, he says, because they make seasoning so easy. In fact, he's been tinkering with new recipes to find a few worthy of bottling and will introduce his first, an Urbanbelly soy-balsamic vinaigrette, this summer. Here, he shares other favorite grilling marinades inspired by his Korean mother, his travels through Asia and even his Puerto Rican mother-in-law.
- How to Add Flavor Before Grilling
- Speedy Rubs, Pastes, & Sauces
- Easy Grilling: Asian Kebab Party
- In Pursuit of Latin Flavors
- A Beer Geek's Guide to Asian Flavors
- Easy Grilling with Pete Evans
- 20 Smart Tips for Everyday Grilling