Crush Wine & Spirits, Manhattan
Some of this store’s best buys are older German Rieslings, like the 1994 Günther Steinmetz Brauneberger Juffer Auslese ($30).
This stylish wine merchant has a strong selection of older Bordeaux. Two great wines drinking well now: 1999 Château Pontet-Canet ($55) and 2001 Château Léoville Barton ($85).
- A Guide to Buying Well-Aged Wine
- Great Older Vintages: Top Wines, Top Years
- Five Wines to Buy Now and Cellar
- Does Vintage Always Matter?
- Affordable Wines for Aging
Zachys, Scarsdale, NY
This suburban store has a good selection of older Burgundy (often hard to find), like the beautiful 2001 Henri Gouges Nuits-St Georges Clos des Porrets ($80).