Chardonnays from the Sonoma Coast generally have more acidity than many from Napa Valley. A favorite is the biodynamic 2008 Littorai Thieriot Vineyard. An alternate choice: 2008 MacRostie Chardonnay.
With its currantlike fruit, firm tannins and lush body, Cabernet is a Napa Valley classic that goes well with most beef and lamb dishes. Frank opts for the 2006 Ladera; a more affordable option is the 2007 Oberon.
- Best New Global Wine Pairings
- Best Pairings for Italian Wines
- Best Pairings for French Wines
- Best Pairings for Spanish Wines
- Best Pairings for Austrian Wines
Q&A with Ken Frank
How did La Toque become a wine collectors' hangout?