Best New Suburban Restaurants: Outside San Francisco
When chef Scott Howard shuttered his eponymous San Francisco restaurant to open this comfort-food spot in Marin County, he cut his commute time to 10 minutes. Now he's making pimento burgers with Sonoma cheddar and serving rotisserie chicken with sourdough bread pudding.
At Marin County, California's Brick & Bottle, Scott Howard might follow a house-made pasta dish with butterscotch pudding.
- New Miami Restaurants
- San Francisco
- Where to Go Next: Chicago
- 48 Hour Cheat Sheet: Portland, OR
- 10 Best Restaurant Dishes of 2010
- The World's Most Beautiful Restaurant Dishes
- Best U.S. Restaurant Openings
Insider's Wine Tip: California's Brick & Bottle has a great corkage policy: only $5 for each of the first two bottles. Proceeds benefit local charities.