Americans have been making whiskey for longer than the States have been United. But, spurred by changes in the laws, a passion for local ingredients and a love of history, craft distillers are now producing exceptional spirits. Whether making whiskey out of beer or bottling unaged white whiskey (a.k.a. moonshine), these are some of the most creative new talents.
- Whiskey Lexicon
- 3 Founding Fathers of U.S. Whiskey
- Wine, Whiskey and Wallabies: an Epic Tasmanian Tour
- Tasmania Wine and Whiskey Travel Details: Vineyards and Distilleries
- America's Best New Whiskeys
- Luck of the Irish | Irish whiskey
Prohibition ended in 1933, but many states have only just made distilling legal again. Here, pioneers who are bringing whiskey-making back to their communities.