Simple Recipes + Satisfying Wines for Weeknights
Mondays through Thursdays, Shelley Lindgren pours what she calls “weeknight wines”: tasty, inexpensive bottles that she often buys by the case. They go well with SPQR chef Matthew Accarrino’s easiest dishes, like a braised chicken with apples. Lindgren knows Italian winemakers who take her everyday strategy even further: “Some will say, ‘This is our lunch wine; this is our dinner wine.’”
- Getting Pairing Down to a Science
- Versatile Wines That Pair with (Almost) Anything
- Alexandra Guarnaschelli's Healthy Wine Pairings
- 15 Rules for Great Wine and Food Pairings
- Red Wine & Vegetables: Friends or Foes?
- Special-Occasion Wines
- Best Recipes from Wine Pairing Masters
- San Francisco’s New Tastemakers
Inspired Dishes + Intriguing Wines for Weekends
On weekends, Accarrino experiments; he makes dishes that take some time but allow him to master a technique. For instance, he’s perfected the flaky crust that tops his excellent curried lamb potpie. Likewise, Lindgren makes a point to try unfamiliar, intriguing bottles and will spend hours browsing in wine stores for labels she doesn’t know.