Vanilla Brown Butter
Pastry chef Jansen Chan infuses brown butter with vanilla beans for the cheesecake at Manhattan's Oceana.
Paul Kahan of The Publican in Chicago serves tangy goat's-milk butter with serrano ham and peasant bread.
- 2010 Trend Report
- 2010 Trend: Artisanal Breakfasts
- 2010 Trend: Farm Dinners
- 2010 Trend: Hot Dog Heroes
- 2010 Trend: Takeout Style
- 2010 Trend: Great Frozen Foods
- 2010 Trend: Sommelier Challenge
At San Francisco's Coi, Daniel Patterson churns butter made with both organic cream and French sel gris (sea salt).
Chef David Kinch co-owns a Normandy cow. He makes its cream into butter for Manresa in Los Gatos, California.