Cliff Lede Vineyards
As a connoisseur of Bordeaux, Canadian-born businessman Cliff Lede injected himself into the professional wine trade in 2002, purchasing 60 acres of vineyards in the Stags Leap District. Already rife with sauvignon blanc and cabernet sauvignon, he enhanced the area with malbec, merlot, cabernet franc, and petit verdot to complete his vision of a strictly Bordeaux-inspired production facility. He then hired Philippe Melka, once part of Bordeaux’s famous Château Petrus, to further this vision. The tasting room, built in 1913, is scattered with touches of Frank Lloyd Wright arts-and-crafts design elements, and a neighboring gallery displays a quarterly rotating exhibit.