Rainbow Lobby of Adler Planetarium
One of three venues comprising the lakefront Museum Campus, the Adler was established in 1930, making it the first planetarium in the nation. Today, the museum houses two planetariums, a 3-D theater, and 10 hands-on space science exhibits. However, one of the Adler’s most memorable features is its main entrance, known as Rainbow Lobby. The 1,400-square-foot space is lined with beveled glass doors that act as giant prisms, filling the lobby with dozens of tiny rainbows when the sun is in the west. Here, patrons can also view a large marble panel bearing a quote from founder Max Adler.